I’m a Poser

by Angie on October 22, 2013

Hi. It’s Angie here, with a post. A blog post. That’s what I do sometimes.

Except that it is 10:30 a.m. and on a Tuesday and I haven’t applied any of the “life hacks” today that we’ve been talking about this month. I’m sitting here in my (non- sweated in) workout clothes. I have yesterday’s make-up on. I did not get up early. I’m sucking at today.

So I don’t feel real good about sitting down at the computer and telling you have to be super awesome. Today I am waaay mediocre.

And have you noticed me slipping off the “every single day in October” plan? I feel a lot of “sucking” going on around this life today.

BUT. You should know… it’s been 3 days since I had any Diet Coke. whoop yeah!

I’m actually having a moment right now. Where I say, “If I just jaunt over to McD’s real quick, that will be just the pick-me-up I need to jumpstart this day and set me straight! Yeah? Yeah? Yeah?”

Say no. SAY NO!

Yesterday I go to meet a blog friend in person! You should read Kelsey’s blog. I can’t remember how we “met online”, but at some point we realized that we live in the same town! She came over with 2 of her kids (who are so so cute!) and we talked about essential oils. She had seen a FB post of mine a couple weeks ago and she PM’d me saying, “if those oils will help me not go freaking crazy by 10:00 a.m. every single day then I want them!” Kelsey has recently joined the “stay at home mom” group or the “work part time at home mom” group and she says it’s “not her cup of tea”. She has an interview for a new job today. Wish her good luck. GOOD LUCK, KELS!

I’m rambling, because I don’t want to admit that I didn’t even think to take a picture with her yesterday! What a mediocre idiot I am!! >>hanging head in shame<<

I don’t know what else to say. I’m burning out.

I think the point is that when I am in an on-going argument with someone (whom shall remain nameless), I am unable to blog. Hence the gap in posts. Hence the possible death of this blog series. Aye! The end.

p.s. Talk me out of it?

TJ October 22, 2013 at 1:41 pm

Can I talk you out of quitting? You don’t even know me, but I love your real-life, real-woman posts. Everyone of them. That’s why I’m still following you. I’ve cut myself loose from alot of blogs that are just email ‘filler’. I don’t need anymore fluff in my inbox :) Not ready to completely give up DC, though. I still drink it when we go out or on special occasions :)
TJ recently posted..Grape JuiceMy Profile

Kelli Fox October 22, 2013 at 2:27 pm

hey! Quit being so hard on yourself. We usually always do the best we can everyday – it’s just that some days are better than others. Hang in there chick ;)
Kelli Fox recently posted..Beautiful Gold Shelf Unit – Another Spray Paint Masterpiece!My Profile

rebecca @ older and wisor October 22, 2013 at 3:52 pm

I *already* tried to talk you out of it. Remember when I said I would never, ever, under any circumstances do 31 days again? I was not exaggerating. It made me suck at life for a whole month AND be pain in the arse to every one around me. I don’t do well with stress. See also: 60 pounds I need to lose.

If it’s worth anything, I’ve loved every single post…
rebecca @ older and wisor recently posted..Baby Shower Gift Wrapping IdeasMy Profile

Lani October 22, 2013 at 3:53 pm

Don’t quit! I love reading your blog too, even though I don’t comment very much (I think the last time may have been Christmas time 2 years ago, about stockings??). Having a hard or bad day (week, month…) isn’t wrong, as long as we don’t decide to dwell there. I think it’s actually good to acknowledge it and give it some ‘space’. It makes it easier to move on and look up, rather than trying to ignore it or ‘power thru it’. Just my 2 cents, but I think you’re pretty awesome!

Vicki October 23, 2013 at 8:04 am

I cannot imagine how hard it is to blog every day for 31 days. It takes an amazing person (read not possible) to have everything together AND blog AND a clean house AND perfect children. Most of us are ordinary and live in chaos.

Take heart Angie and know you are in good company … those of us who are mediocre most days, live in a not so clean house, and read your blog for a bright spot in our days.

Don’t quit blogging, just quit being so hard on yourself.

Heidi October 23, 2013 at 12:07 pm

You are not a poser! You are a genuinely awesome blogger/mommy/handy girl! Don’t give up on the series, don’t lose heart, and don’t worry if you don’t hit every single day…we love you anyway! And DON’T hit the coke!! Maybe do some crazy outfit/make up and dance around the living room to Ice Ice Baby??? That’s a good pick-me-up, well it is for me at least. Anyways.

It feels so crappy to be in an ongoing fight :P Life hack about how to fight and how much it sucks no matter how you do it?
Heidi recently posted..Stealth Heart TheftMy Profile

Meagan October 23, 2013 at 4:44 pm

You may note that there are only 8 more days in this month. You’ve practically already succeeded, you just need to keep going a little bit longer! You can do it!