Vote For Logan: No Need for a Slogan

by Angie on June 6, 2012

In my next life I think I will sign up to be a campaign manager.

My 3rd grader, Logan, and one of his best friends, Riki, got nominated by their class to run for their school’s Vice President and Treasurer positions. We decided to combine their campaigns. I’m pretty sure they are going to win. Because of these faces right here:

And these sassy attitudes:

And these adorable little people who are rooting for them but don’t have any idea what is actually going on… (Note Charlie’s ear trick in action. We don’t tell him to do this all day. It’s “standard operating procedure”. The ear is sure to win votes! Yes?):

How could the ladies not vote for this?

Logan’s speech will probably go something like this:

“I think you should vote for me because I’m nice and I have good ideas. If you elect me to be your Vice President I promise to be nice and have good ideas. So vote for me! Thank you.”

The truth of the matter is that’s it probaby doesn’t matter what the heck the kid says in his speech. DID YOU SEE HIS POSTERS?!

Boom:

p.s. I used a site called ipiccy.com to make these posters into 8×10 photos and printed them at Walgreens. I’m pretty sure the Walgreens Photo tech thinks I’m “the boss.” I send him the coolest things to print at the crack of dawn, call him as the store opens to tell him to “Hurry it up, I’m on my way!” and then run into the store in my jammies to pick up my genius creations hot off the presses before shuttling my little candidates off to school. Again, in the next life I am signing up to be a campaign manager. I carry myself in such a calculated, dignified, professional manager that I would make a great asset to any team.

p.p.s. The trick to getting high quality “posters” was to ensure the photos were about 2048 x 1536 pixels in size (for 8 x 10 photos). I am using ipiccy and picmonkey to edit my photos these days. Apparently the world did not come to an end when picnik died. RIP.

p.p.s. Can Logan and I count on your votes? What hot button issues can we fight for on your behalf?

Starleigh June 6, 2012 at 10:44 am

Love that little Logan. He’s going to make a great husband for my Jane someday… You ready to start planning the wedding?!?!

Angie June 6, 2012 at 3:52 pm

We’re thinking too small on this, Star! Think bigger! Reality TV series beginning now and chronicling their betrothal, growing up years, and fantasy wedding! oh yeah!

Starleigh June 6, 2012 at 4:59 pm

I like the way you think. Do you want me to send you a picture of Jane to frame in his room??? :)

Katie B. of HousewifeHowTos.com June 6, 2012 at 1:35 pm

I will totally vote for Logan if he promises to declare a day off for all Mommies! (Okay, I’d totally vote for him even without that declaration, because he looks so sweet and nice, and like he has good ideas. In fact, he probably could’ve thought up the “day off for Mommies” thing all by himself.)

And I am TOTALLY voting for Charlies ear, because everyone should see that trick!
Katie B. of HousewifeHowTos.com recently posted..Giveaway: Win a $25 Amazon Gift Card!My Profile

Angie June 6, 2012 at 3:51 pm

at the store today an old man was talking to me and noticed charlie’s ears in. Charlie did the trick for him a couple times, so he called his friends over to see the display. Then the man said, “Isn’t that somethin’! I was a pediatrician for 53 years and never in my life have I seen something like that! It’s really neat to see something for the first time at my age.”

It was so sweet! Anyway, we are all voting for Logan and Charlie! Now we need to get the girls in on this action! :-)

Vicki June 6, 2012 at 3:41 pm

Those are two of the cutest kids I’ve seen lately (of course not counting my kid) LOL I sure hope they win.

Angie June 6, 2012 at 3:45 pm

so are you saying we can count on your campaign donation of $5, $25, or $250 dollars? :-) j/k THANKS, VICKI!

Alyssa June 6, 2012 at 3:53 pm

1. Your son is ridiculously adorable.
2. If I ever run for some sort of electable office, I am hiring you!!
Alyssa recently posted..Stripes!My Profile

Jennifer June 7, 2012 at 9:30 am

The world didn’t come to an end because someone stepped up to the plate and gave us what we wanted. Take that Google.
Jennifer recently posted..Just Be HappyMy Profile

Miryam June 9, 2012 at 11:47 am

I love it! Just saw this one!!

Logan @ LifeforDessert June 26, 2012 at 10:50 pm

When I was in college, my friend Justin Flowers and I ran for class secretary and representative together. Our slogan…that literally hung on a banner in the dining hall said “Don’t hurt your brain and think for hours…Vote Logan Lane and Justin Flowers.” We won. Bam! It’s really all about the signage.

Comments on this entry are closed.

{ 1 trackback }