Help Wanted: Finisher

Angie = visionary
Angie = design fiend
Angie = project planner
Angie = starter
Angie finisher

Help wanted: A FINISHER!

Just, freakin’ finish what I have started and I’ll give you whatever you want in return!!! (Except for money.) (Also, except for other weird stuff.)
DSC06148
I’ll come envision, plan, and start a project at your house (that’s what I do best!) if you’ll just come finish one at mine.
stairs stained black first coat
Seriously.
What AREN’T you? Admit it- you aren’t SOMETHING.
This is the time and place to fess up and lay it all out there.
“My name is Angie and I am not a Finisher.” See? It’s easy!
Fill in the blanks: “My name is______ and I am not a ______. Also, I love ______.”
(Hint: the last blank should/could be “Angie” if you don’t know what else to enter, k?)

Ange February 22, 2012 at 10:33 am

Lol!  Well seeing as we have the same name of course we should have the same problem, right?  My name is Ange, I am not a finisher.  Also I love Angie.    Thanks for the laughs this morning and glad to know I'm not the only one with finishitis.

seriouslyahomemaker February 22, 2012 at 10:40 am

LOL! "Finishitis" is my new favorite word because of the various pronunciation options! LOL!!!!! awesome.

momeinstein February 22, 2012 at 10:59 am

The only way I get things done is to invite a bunch of people over. That's my incentive.

My name is Jess and I am not an exerciser. Also, I love cheese.

(I used to work out. Again, I needed incentive. It was my wedding. That was over 5 years ago and I have no incentive to do it again now.)

Sarah February 22, 2012 at 11:42 am

I think I'm not a starter.  I have great ideas that somehow never get started.  I'll paint your chairs if you paint my powder room.  deal?

Cassie February 22, 2012 at 11:43 am

that would be amazing…. start your projects and then get someone else to do those last annoying steps.  if you get multiple people signing on as finishers send some my way!

seriouslyahomemaker February 22, 2012 at 11:54 am

jess, we think alike! i have been known to have "painting parties" that are completely self-serving. i assume that people like me enough to work for me. it's odd that they show up! maybe it's the diet coke offered? the free laughs? the shot of real life they receive in my house? i dunno. but i hate working alone!

p.s. i love cheese too. i am from wisconsin. nuf said.

seriouslyahomemaker February 22, 2012 at 11:55 am

deal! and i am sooo not kidding! i'll load up the chairs in the van and come over. we'll invite cassie and have at them! actually just yesterday i was thinking that i need to take incentive and plan an blogger get together with you two and andi. right???

seriouslyahomemaker February 22, 2012 at 11:57 am

but you are SOOO a finisher yourself! you are amazing at that! see my response to sarah's comment. we need to get together!

Sarah February 22, 2012 at 12:02 pm

She is amazing!  She can finish 3 projects before I even start one!  A blogger get together would be WONDERFUL!

seriouslyahomemaker February 22, 2012 at 12:09 pm

ok, date on calendar NOW! march 24th? or friday night the 23rd? what will we do? hang out at your new shop? paint your bathroom? i don't even care.

Sarah February 22, 2012 at 3:10 pm

24th?  The 23rd my husband is having friends over here.  I would feel bad if you painted my bathroom!  But let's plan something!  Should we hop to email to include Andi and Cassie?

CA_Powell February 22, 2012 at 9:09 pm

My name is Carol-Anne and I'm not patient….. Also, I love to FINISH!
My problem is that I like to finish so much that I can't wait for the paint to dry, for the fabric to wash, for the right size nail…… Blah!!!!

Nat February 23, 2012 at 12:00 am

My name is Natalie and I am not a stopper.  Also, I love chocolate.

I let my to-do list get insanely huge and if I don't finish everything on it, I beat the crap out of myself for being a slacker.  I give myself ridiculous deadlines.  I don't even know why.  Most of the stuff I'm beating myself up for doesn't matter.  i.e. I just HAVE to sew four aprons, three skirts, and two pairs of pajama pants today.  My family is happy, I tackled some of my projects, my house is semi clean and we had dinner.  Also, homework is done.  And the pets have been fed.  That's all that matters, right?!

Thank goodness I have chocolate to help me get through not accomplishing everything on my list, but I can't stop eating that, either.  I have issues.  The end.

seriouslyahomemaker February 23, 2012 at 12:09 am

So, to summarize, your name is Natalie (my childhood bff's name), you set unrealistic expectations for yourself (knock it off!) And you love chocolate (me too). 1 question: milk chocolate or dark? Do you raid the chocolate chips like I do? (That was two questions.)

Chasten February 23, 2012 at 11:32 am

My name is Chasten and I am not putter-awayer. Also, I love sleep.

I don't know why putting things away after I use them is so difficult, but I just can't do it. Lame, I know. And my second-born is just as bad (or worse) than I am.

I will come finish something for you, but you have to watch all of my kids so they don't interrupt me. I hate that. Plus, I would love to see you after so many years!

AimeeWrites February 23, 2012 at 12:14 pm

My name is Aimee, and I'm not a starter…or a finisher!

I have supplies to do so many projects…ideas to do even more!  And a few projects in their "middles."

It's a disease, I tell you!

Nat February 23, 2012 at 1:30 pm

Ha ha ha!  :)  I'll tell you what.  I'll come finish your projects if you come over to my house and tell me that it's okay to step away from the sewing machine and feed my kids!  It would be a lot of fun to meet you, too!  Your blog cracks me up!  :)

Answers:  Both milk and dark chocolate.  It depends on my mood.  Yes, I raid the chocolate chips, and frozen semi-sweet are my favorite!  So glad to know I'm not the only one who does that!

Shanniel Shakespeare February 23, 2012 at 2:32 pm

My name is Shanniel and I am not a cooker/chef…lol. Like on monday night, I wanted to make an extra scrumptious snack for my roomies. I decided to make fritters with sausage and carrots inside. It turned out to be a DISASTER, it was soggy, oily and salty but God has blessed me with good room mates as they ate it and said not a word. lol. Amen

Anne February 24, 2012 at 1:59 am

How funny, Angie! A girl after my own heart (my husband is not a finisher, either) ~ we EXCEL at starting things and getting them, oh, 75% done, though ~ :) ~ Love your blog ~ I'm a new follower!
Anne

seriouslyahomemaker February 24, 2012 at 5:56 am

Yay. Anne! So glad you are here!

Heidi Edstrom February 24, 2012 at 12:46 pm

Hi Angie!!  I actually like the chairs the way they are now (in the photo, anyways, they never look the same in life, do they? But I think they look dip-dyed, like something a designer would've done)…you could throw some lacquer on them and call them "artsy."  And "done."

My name is Heidi, and I am not an extrovert.  Also, I love bacon.  I tried to be an extrovert once…turns out you must not only Begin conversations with strangers but also Continue the ones you started!  And then Remember the names, places, and dates afterward!  It was a disaster, and I haven't attempted it since.  And I can eat a MESS of bacon!

Andi February 24, 2012 at 4:29 pm

I have been a terrible blogging friend and you still thought to include me in your finishing get together :)  You make my heart feel super happy…(note to self:need to watch less nick jr.) And btw the way you look amazing!!