I Have Nothing to Say. Except:

by Angie on March 23, 2011

I have nothing to say today. Except that I drove through McDonald’s twice yesterday and didn’t order A Diet Coke either time. Not sure why I was there. It was practice for my new non-habit. And also silly torture. And also I had twenty minutes to kill and the baby wanted a drink of juice. And then a hamburger (only ketchup).

He did!

Also, I didn’t know any of the workers that I saw. WHAT? I am gone for, like, 6 days and they hire all new employees? I hate you!

I am wondering if anybody would like to come scrub my floors. Not the middles- I can do that. But the crevices and the corners. I’ve never lived anywhere this long and I am used to just moving at this point. Also- cleaning the oven. Isn’t that just a “moving out day” chore? Time to move.
Speaking of moving, did you know that the median home price in the Northern Virginia/DC metro area is $382,000?? (median family income $99,000)

And in Wisconsin, where my parents live? $118,000 (median family income $66,000)

And in Utah, where my in-laws live? $216,000 (median family income $69,000)

WHAT ARE WE DOING HERE?

But, on the other hand, I really would like to try living overseas. Like, in a beach house in Ecuador. Or in Spain. “Espana, mi amor!.” Or Thailand, perhaps.

What do you consider exotic? We lived in Hawaii once and that was exotic. And expensive:

Honolulu: median home price $682,00… median family income: $83,000.

Ouch! What the hey? At least the beach is free.

What are we talking about again?

See… I have nothing to say today. Do you?

Fellow bloggers: Say “hi” to me in the comments, gimme the link to your favorite blog post this week (if you have one). I want to come read you.

All you other lovely people, say “hi” and tell me where you want to live next and also when you are coming over to scrub the floors. I’ll feed you homemade lasagna.

Bye.

Erika @ EZsx5 March 23, 2011 at 9:00 am

Want to see me half naked in my semi-noticable weight loss pics?!?!?!? If so I've got a post for you ;)

Sawdust and Paper Scraps March 23, 2011 at 9:07 am

I want to move back West. (CO, AZ, CA…) Exotic? Not really but it's closer to family. AND I want the INCOME part of the equation to be a lot higher so we can just flit over to whatever exotic location we feel like whenever we feel like it. As long as we're dreaming…

Oh, BTW, Hi!

seriouslyahomemaker March 23, 2011 at 9:19 am

A million dittos! Hi, friend! Loved your laptop bag!

Naomipaxton March 23, 2011 at 11:48 am

HA! I am with you on the move = deep cleaning thing. But I am in the middle of my 18th move in less than 5 years of marriage (don't even get me started on PREwedding moves!) So I don't know how dirty houses can get when lived in for extensive periods of time :-)
Glad you can enjoy the dirt though! I love your blog!

Em @ Inspired Coincidences March 23, 2011 at 11:53 am

Good job on not succumbing to the horrible man known as diet coke! I'm impressed!!!!

Yesterday I blogged about my obsession with celebrity gossip, have a look-see:

Maryanne March 23, 2011 at 2:09 pm

Angie, I have to say that my favorite line from that post is, "We are far enough from family at this point, that we might as well be living somewhere exotic." I feel the same way!

seriouslyahomemaker March 23, 2011 at 2:12 pm

I know, right?

Julie March 23, 2011 at 2:56 pm

Hi! I'm not really a blog commenter, but I thought I'd say hi. I lived in Virginia for four years while my husband was in school, and am now in Utah. Love both states!! I'm also not really a "blogger" in the sense you are thinking, but I do have a blog that I see as our family history of sorts that includes the fun projects I do around the house. I recently made it private to protect all the cute kids I put on it, or I would share some fun post. Do you know a way to share just a post if it's private? Anyway, enough rambling. I love your blog, and admire the fact that you broke your D.C. habit. I limit myself to one a week when we go out. Go you!!!

Danyelle March 23, 2011 at 3:18 pm

Ah, I am having the same discussions with my husband, trying to convince him that we should move. I just want to be near water/ a beach. We live near family though so he isn't too keen on moving where we know no one right now.

I haven't written much this week so far, but here is my yesterday http://bitoffruitcake.blogspot.com/2011/03/3-52-weeks-of-happiness.html

Ca Powell March 23, 2011 at 9:20 pm

Wish I lived closer, I love to scrub floors! In Toronto, average house price is $495,000……so scary.

seriouslyahomemaker March 23, 2011 at 9:22 pm

Ouch!

Rachel--TheKookyQueen March 23, 2011 at 11:25 pm

Pah, move to Russia where the average income is $5,000. You can live like a KING for NOTHING!!! Haha! :) Danny and I considered it for like, 3 seconds. I love that you went through McD's drive through TWICE in one day!

Callie Feyen March 24, 2011 at 11:24 am

Hi! This is my first time commenting, and I'd like to say your writing makes me smile. I'm glad I stopped today because my husband and I were having the exact same housing conversation last night (we're in the DC area as well). Totally frustrating.
Here's one of my favorite posts recently if you'd like to check it out: http://notesfromnaptime.blogspot.com/2011/03/its-french-for-hello.html

-Callie

Jennypenny_mills March 24, 2011 at 1:57 pm

I love S's shirt. Was she wearing it to torture you more? Love and miss you.

Jill March 24, 2011 at 2:30 pm

I live in North Dakota. I grew up here. We moved to Colorado a year after we got married just about 13 years ago. We were there for 11 years and loved it. We moved back here a year ago March 19th. We had a blizzard two days ago. It was 5 degrees this morning. What were we thinking? Oh, right…our family is here. :)

seriouslyahomemaker March 25, 2011 at 12:01 pm

naomi, i never admitted to enjoying the dirt. but i am enjoying the house
and the futile attempts to convince all short people and semi-strangers to
clean it up for me. :-)

seriouslyahomemaker March 25, 2011 at 12:13 pm

oh, julie, don't tempt me with the "once a week when we go out" idea. that
one i tried about a month ago and it was great until "once a week" turned
into "if i am in a bad mood or sick or tired."

i am SOOO glad that even though you are not a "blog commenter" you
officially did break your code and commented here! it's an honor. i just
love hearing back from readers. i am still trying to figure out what it is
that brings people here in the first place and why they keep coming back! i
am such a random basket-case!

about the blog posts, i am not sure! i have sometimes wondered if people who
have private blogs might consider just making them public, but then
un-selecting the "allow search engines to find my blog" and "add your blog
to our listings" boxes in the blogger: settings: basic page. then more
people could read your blog if you directed them there or if someone else
did, but the blog wouldn't be wide open to the world. my .02$!

anyway, so glad to meet you! don't be a stranger!

angie

seriouslyahomemaker March 25, 2011 at 12:18 pm

oh my gosh, the irony hadn't even hit me! i think my mind is so going crazy
and throwing lots of DC temptation my way! this is a very old picture that i
just threw in, but maybe i was thinking COKE when i found it!

speaking of, yesterday i was in the drive-through and ordered an oatmeal and
when i got to the window, the lady said, would you like to have a free diet
coke???

and my jaw dropped and i looked like she had just kicked me in the face
while at the same time giving me a kiss.

her response to my non-verbal reaction was annoyance and shock. she said,
"you no like diet coke?" and i said, "yes! i do! i love it!" so she
proceeded to hand me the coke.

and i said, "BUT!!! I CAN'T TAKE IT! i am trying to quit! but I LOVE IT!"
and then i started to cry.

and she was completely lost and wondered when i would do her the favor of
just driving away.

:-)

honestly, i was breathing so fast as i drove away that i got sick and
thought i might throw up.

holly agreed that it was weird. i called my mom and she told me, "good job!"
and then i felt better.

wow… this needs it's own blog post.

hi, jen!!!!!!!

ps. tom is going on a scout campout tonight and was going on and on last
night about gordon and their ridiculously un-planned, junk-food laden
camping trips in tally. he was laughing so hard. can you guys be our
neighbors again?

seriouslyahomemaker March 25, 2011 at 12:22 pm

north dakota is awesome, because people from there sound like canadians. and
it is PRETTY there. stark contrast to south dakota. we used to drive through
there on our cross-country trips as a kid.

how is mount rushmore these days?

i think i'd love living in colorado, though. but don't tell my husband. no
more moves just to move.

wait! colorado is close to utah-ish! but not in UTAH.

when i start rambling like this it's time to go clean something… like
myself. shower?

thanks for stopping by, Jill!

seriouslyahomemaker March 25, 2011 at 12:25 pm

3 seconds is TOTALLY not enough time to consider this. re-do that
consideration!

i would like to move anywhere that hiring a maid and a cook is an expected
part of the package. i love watching House Hunters International on HGTV.

oh my gosh! this reminds me to ask you about that darn giveaway sponsorship
that i asked you to contribute to!!! so dumb of me not to follow up with
you!

i'll be in touch!

April March 25, 2011 at 8:41 pm

Come on over, read any post…I'm new at blogging and I need interest. By the way I totally envy you, I want to be a housewife when I grow up and can't wait until I can make that a reality.

Linda March 26, 2011 at 1:24 pm

Hi Angie!
I'm new here (found you from nicegirlnotes) and started reading your blog a few weeks ago! I'm actually still in college (junior year at UNC), so I see you as sort of an "older sister/person I want to become in the future" type figure :) I'm not sure where I want to live next… maybe somewhere around DC or the New England area. I just visited Boston a few weeks ago and loveddd it! It just depends on where I get accepted into grad school. Scary thought…!

Maybe something that would help with your diet coke cravings is carbonated water. It comes in different flavors, and is fizzy, so maybe that'll make it easier to curb the cravings!

idk if I'd be good at doing any sort of cleaning… but I'd babysit any/all of your kids in a HEARTBEAT! They're so precious!

Anyway, I love reading your blog!! It's always one of the highlights of my day :)
Linda

michelle@decorandthedog March 26, 2011 at 9:56 pm

Found your blog through Our Little Beehive!!

I LOVE midwest housing prices. My husband and I decided when we built our house that we would never be able to move anywhere else because we couldn't afford to!!
….and I hate deep cleaning as well….I like cleaning..just not deep cleaning!

Here's my favorite post of the week!

jacquijac March 27, 2011 at 6:57 am

I am reading you from South Australia, Australia! Loving your posts! I am relatively new here Angie and am popping in once a week.

Sarah @ Cozy.Cottage.Cute. March 27, 2011 at 7:47 pm

Hi.

I'm drinking my last Pepsi as we speak. It's in a wine glass to make the occasion all fancy-like. Tomorrow the "wanna-be skinny" club starts at work.

I cleaned my oven once. I've also never moved so that's how disgusting it is. I bake sweet treats that smell good to distract from the oven grime.

We just got back from a trip to the Dominican. I considered leaving my husband and marrying a resort worker just so I could stay at the beach. Don't tell him I said that, though, k?

;)

seriouslyahomemaker March 27, 2011 at 7:57 pm

Where have u been all my life?

Kelly March 28, 2011 at 11:06 am

just found your blog— love it.

for your reading enjoyment: http://www.simplykellyblog.com/2011/03/stunning-office-transformation.html

Andi March 28, 2011 at 11:59 am

Hello! You can call me Jane, Andi, or hey you with the flat chest, whatever gets my attention. Especially now that we are buds. :-) Would love to hang out again!

candace menke March 28, 2011 at 1:17 pm

Hey there! Just found you from HouseOgraphy & Our Little Beehive- I'm a fellow DC-area blogger (sadly, missed the brunch. I swear I have an excuse!) Check out my recent bathroom renovation saga: